Hey, hey Photographers! It’s time for your New Years Reflection as a business owner. I wanted to touch on today why it’s important as a business owner to take the time to look back over your business year, every year.
Why should you devote time to reflect?
Your New Years Reflection as a Business Owner should most importantly give you a chance to drown out the rest of the world and bring you back to your why.
- Why did you start your business?
- What are your values within your business?
- Is your business still connected to the above answers? If you created your business to be able to have more control over your life and free time – are you getting that?
Businesses have a tendency to hold very large todo lists. You could be scrolling on social media and get bombarded with 8 “should dos” that suddenly get added to your todo list and business goals because some guru said they should be. But is it still connected to YOU? Your why? Your business?
By reflecting every year you gain the benefit of insight and information.
- What did you like? What didn’t you like?
- When were you too busy? When did things flow?
- When were you tight on money? When were finances good?
By collecting this information and taking the time to understand it, it gives you a clear direction to plan your coming business year and improve things for yourself!
How should you reflect?
So how do you find this information? There’s a few different ways to make sure you get every angle that you need for a full picture.
- Journal on what you remember throughout the year.
- Take a look back through your calendar or planner.
- Go through a series of guided questions.
- Check out your finances from the year, from a monthly view.
I know that this can seem like a daunting task, but it’s worth it.
If you’re not wanting to go it alone though, consider joining my Photographer’s Planning Session!
In just two days, (and with a group of fellow photographers in the same spot as you,) I’ll guide you through your year end reflection. Plus, give you the tools you need to properly plan your best business year yet.
Click here to learn more about it!