As a photographer, I know how time consuming and overwhelming your schedule can get – especially during busy season. It’s important to realize that you don’t have to do it all alone. Photographers can outsource hundreds of tasks in their lives and not all of them have to do with your business.
Outsourcing is something I believe is underrated and underutilized by photographers. Being able to outsource even one thing on your daily task list can make all the difference in the world.
And don’t think of outsourcing as an expense. Think of it as an investment for your business and your well being.
This blog is a bit different than ones I’ve published in the past. I wanted to create an all in one place where photographers can look and see all the options available to them when it comes to outsourcing. Kind of like a ‘take what you need’ post.
So let’s get started!
Outsourcing through Individuals & Companies
- Personal Editor
- Photographer’s Edit
Thank You Gifts
- Social Media Manager: A SMM can take care of creating graphics, reels, writing captions, scheduling posts and more!
- Copywriting (Blogs/Newsletters): Copy By Rashae is the copywriter I have worked with for nearly a year and they write all my blogs for my website! They are a creative copywriter who work with soulful entrepreneurs and have lots of experience writing for photographers. You can reach out to them here.
- Copywriting (Website): The Write Lens
A True Teammate
- Associates/Assistants: Maybe it is time to add another photographer to your team? Are you in need of being physically in two places at once? This is a big decision and often a hard thing to let go of. Take your time finding the perfect fit.
- Virtual Assistant/Online Business Manager: This is where I see most people go first, but it is often not the right first step. Yes, a virtual assistant can do a lot for you, but they can also add more work on your plate if your business is not set up properly or if you’re unwilling to let go. If you’re feeling ready for this next step, let’s hop on a coffee chat to get you started in the right direction!
- Cleaning Services
- Laundry Services
- Grocery Shopping/Cooking
Outsourcing by Automations & Softwares
- Most gallery delivery services also offer a store option that includes email marketing for you clients to purchase prints and albums. Get to know your chosen software and use it. : ) My favorite is PicTime.
- CRM – to help you automate your client experience, store template emails and more. Check out this blog post to dive deeper.
- Scheduling software – This is a service that your CRM may provide. Or there are other options: Calendly, Acuity and more.
- Scheduling softwares: Plann, Later, Tailwind are all options when it comes to scheduling things in your business. Take some time to look at all of them and see which you think will work best for your needs.
So… What can a photographer outsource?
As you can see there are countless options when it comes to the needs in your specific business! And again, outsourcing is an investment. Yes, it costs money up front. But the point of outsourcing is to not only save time, but leave tasks that aren’t in your zone of genius to an expert.
I know busy season is overwhelming, but you’ve got this.
Here for you always,